The gastroenterology practice is active since 2012, located in a spacious, professional yet pleasant facility at the commercial center of Ioannina. It incorporates an endoscopic suite specially arranged towards functionality and patient’s comfort and privacy. Disinfection and sterilization methods are meticulous and according to updated best practices.
State-of-the-art medical equipment includes:
- Modern digital video-gastroscopes and colonoscopes.
- CO2 insufflator for colonoscopy.
- High resolution gastrointestinal manometry system.
- Ambulatory pH monitoring recorder.
- High resolution transrectal ultrasound system.
Necessary documents for your visit
- Your greek or EU social security number (AMKA) if you have one. Check that social security fees are not overdue so as to have medication or investigations prescribed through the electronic prescription platform of the NHS.
- A list of current medications and known allergies.
- All relevant investigations i.e. bloodwork results, endoscopy reports and images, CT/ MRI reports and CDs etc.
- Upper GI endoscopy (gastroscopy).
- Helicobacter Pylori detection (rapid urease test and biopsy).
- Endoscopic polyp resection (polypectomy).
General gastroenterology services
- Electronic prescription.
- Comprehensive clinical evaluation.
- Health certificates.
- Non-invasive office detection of H. Pylori: rapid office serological test, urea breath test, stool antigen test.
- Fecal occult blood (hemoglobin) test: a positive fecal blood test mandates further colonoscopy and may prevent colon cancer.
- Non-invasive office detection of Celiac disease (gluten-sensitive enteropathy): rapid office serological test.
- Nasogastric (Levine) and feeding tube placement.
- Endoscopic gastrostomy tube (PEG)replacement.
Gastrointestinal motility laboratory
- High Resolution Esophageal Manometry.
- 24-hour ambulatory esophageal pH monitoring.
- Anorectal manometry.
- Transrectal ultrasound.
- Colon transit time test with radiopaque markers.
Diseases of the liver, biliary ducts and pancreas
- Viral hepatitis, cirrhosis of the liver, fatty liver & steatohepatitis, autoimmune hepatitis, cholelithiasis (gall stones), pancreatic diseases.
Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Consultation, follow-up, prescription for ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, microscopic colitis (lymphocytic, collagenous).
- Colonoscopy & biopsy- diagnosis, follow-up & malignancy screening
- Postoperative colonoscopy.
- CRP rapid office test, fecal calprotectin rapid test: disease activity & early relapse detection.